Friday 11 November 2011

Research Assignment: video tutorial

Concept:
The concept behind my research assignment was making the idea of screenshots and screen captures much more presentable. Work with this game engine seems to be a large part of our degree, so being able to present it well is highly important. I already knew how to do two of the three tasks in my tutorial before setting out on it, but the third, being changing character models, was something I had wanted to do for a while, but never had a good enough reason for until now.

The reason I chose to include three things in this tutorial rather than just changing the model is because although I had taken those things for granted for most of the course, I'm very familiar with games and game engines, which a lot of people aren't, and I've been asked more than a few times how to turn off the little displays that get in the way of taking a good screen capture. So having another resource out there that explains it can't hurt.

The most important thing for me was the model changing, because for a presentation standard, having a guy running around in a nano suit doesn't really meet the expectations. Simply being able to change it to a man or woman in civilian clothes makes the whole thing look phenomonally better.


Please send marks to my zmail, which is z3378045@zmail.unsw.edu.au

References for my research can be found either at the end of the tutorial, or a few posts ago in the research section on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment